Five ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle
Feel better with simple health changes you can make today
Managing your health is the most important thing you can do for yourself and the people you love. Here’s our list of five tips for a healthier lifestyle:
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water is crucial to many aspects of your health including your digestion. When you are properly hydrated you will have more energy, and you are less likely to get headaches.
- Move 30 minutes per day. If you spend just half an hour a day getting good aerobic exercise, you will be considerably more healthy than people who are more sedentary. This exercise can be anything from a brisk walk to a bicycle ride or a run, whatever gets your heart pumping will work!
- Eat clean. Eating less processed foods is a great step toward a healthier lifestyle. Focus on choosing foods with ingredients you can pronounce and understand. Organic foods are a great option as well.
- Schedule regular massages. If you get massage therapy on a regular basis, you can help eliminate toxins in the body and reduce the inflammation that can build up over time. Massages are known to reduce stress. (High levels of stress can weaken your immune system and make you more susceptible to disease.) Massages are an often overlooked component to a healthy lifestyle.
- Focus on sleep. Anywhere between 7 to 9 hours per night is a good amount of sleep. If you are regularly getting less than 7 hours of sleep, you will start to struggle with concentration, put on extra weight and lose muscle tone.
If you would like to incorporate regular massages into your healthy lifestyle, please contact us to schedule and appointment at our Longmont, Colorado, massage center.