Medical Massage is a system of manually applied techniques designed to reduce pain, establish normal tissue tone, create a positive environment for tissue repair ,normalize the movement of the muscular-skeletal system and interrupt the pain cycle. A scientifically based method of manual therapy that uses a clear understanding of principal of physiology that affect connective tissue healing and treatment. Medical massage is outcome based, not client driven.
What types of therapy are considered Medical Massage?
Many forms of massage therapy can be therapeutic when applied by a skilled and knowledgeable therapist; therefore, medical massage is not limited to any particular specific technique.
Be Well Bodyworks provides massage therapists who are trained in the following:
- Strain Counter Strain
- Neuromuscular Therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Positional Release
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Active Therapy Techniques
- Rehabilitative Stretching Procedures
New patients that are new to massage could experience some soreness in the tissue in the first few treatments.
Medical Massage is emerging as a manual therapy system of treatment to address the needs of clinical rehabilitation. Medical massage achieves this criteria because: medical massage is not a general massage treatment, rather it is applied as a manual therapy to the specific area of pain. Medical massage is delivered to specific area of the body after the diagnostic palpation, function postural and leg length analysis and range of motion testing. Medical massage involves several progressive steps or stages of treatment, which attempt to correct abnormal conditions.
Benefits of Medical Massage:
- Releases tight and sore muscles which can cause Ischemia
- Helps relieve nerve compression or entrapment
- Deactivated myofascial trigger points
- Decreases pain and inflammation
- Alleviates stress and improves circulation
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
- Calms the nervous system
- Improves posture and coordination
- Medical massage and acupuncture is cost effective
- Medical massage also helps to prevent future chronic pain conditions
Click here to complete our Insurance Verification form to see if your insurance covers massage therapy or acupuncture services at our Longmont, CO massage therapy office.