Be Well Bodyworks is open
We are committed to providing a safe space for clients to come in and receive massage therapy, and also a safe space for our staff and practitioners to provide these services. For us to continue providing massage therapy to clients in the midst of COVID-19, we must drastically change how we do business.
Based on Occupational Safety Health Act (OSHA) standards and guidelines from the ABMP, our practitioners and clients are at a medium risk exposure to COVID-19 since our practitioners will be in frequent and/or close contact with (i.e., within 6 feet of) other people who may be infected.
Resources and References
- All staff, practitioners and clients are required to wear face masks the entire time they are in Be Well Bodyworks. It can be a homemade face mask. If you arrive without one, you can either purchase one from us (if we have any available for purchase) or cancel your appointment.
- Temperatures of all clients will be taken as they enter. If they have a fever, they will be asked to leave and the appointment will be rescheduled without incurring a charge.
- If any client exhibits flu-like symptoms (runny nose, cough, fever), you will be asked to leave and until they are symptom free for a minimum of 72 hours.
- I know you will be excited to see your therapist, please keep talking and socializing to a minimum, since COVID is spread through droplets, increased and prolong talking can put your therapist at risk, even if you are wearing a mask.
- You will be asked to sign an additional COVID-19 liability waiver (this will be emailed in advance).
- We are currently not accepting cash as payment for service, credit card will be the only acceptable payment methods for services and products. Clients must provide us with a credit card on file, which will be used for payment.
- Due to State mandates, Be Well Bodyworks will be allowed for a maximum of 10 people to be in our space at one time to adhere to social distancing requirements.
- All appointments will be booked on staggered times with an additional 30 minute break between each client (for a total of 30 minutes), this will allow the therapist to sanitize, and incoming and outgoing clients will not overlap.
Upgrades to the space to increase safety
- Be Well Bodyworks has added Germ guardian UV-C Air Sanitizers in each room of office. UV-C light destroys the DNA of germs eliminating their ability to reproduce. Titanium Dioxide enhances killing efficiency and odor elimination. Our HVAC system circulates fresh air from the outside through a HEPA filter.
- The rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between each client with a live sanitation method approved by the FDA to kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses.
- Each table is covered in a waterproof sheet and a new blanket is used each session.
- Each therapist is cleaning their glasses, mask and shirt with a UV sanitizer between each client.
- UV-C light sanitizers are used throughout the day in all common areas.