Be Well Bodyworks is planning on re-opening Monday, June 1, 2020 and we are committed to providing a safe space for clients to come in and receive services, and also a safe space for our staff and practitioners to provide these services. For us to continue providing massage therapy to clients in the midst of COVID-19, we must drastically change how we do business. Based on Occupational Safety Health Act (OSHA) standards and guidelines from the ABMP, our practitioners and clients are at a medium risk exposure to COVID-19 since our practitioners will be in frequent and/or close contact with (i.e., within 6 feet of) other people who may be infected.
Resources and References:
- We will be doing a phased in re-opening for our current clients and members ONLY (existing clients are defined by those who have been in at least once in the past year for an appointment for massage. We will begin taking new clients again once the risk is reduced.
- All staff, practitioners and clients are required to wear face masks the entire time they are in Be Well Bodyworks. It can be a homemade face mask. If you arrive without one, you can either purchase one from us (if we have any available for purchase) or cancel your appointment.
- Temperatures of all clients will be taken as they enter. If they have a fever, they will be asked to leave and the appointment will be rescheduled without incurring a charge.
- If any client exhibits flu-like symptoms (runny nose, cough, fever), you will be asked to leave and until they are symptom free for a minimum of 72 hours.
- I know you will be excited to see your therapist, please keep talking and socializing to a minimum, since COVID is spread through droplets, increased and prolong talking can put your therapist at risk, even if you are wearing a mask.
- You will be asked to sign an additional COVID-19 liability waiver (this will be emailed in advance).
- We are currently not accepting cash as payment for service or gratuities, credit card will be the only acceptable payment methods for services and products. Clients must provide us with a credit card on file, which will be used for payment.
- Due to State mandates, Be Well Bodyworks will be allowed for a maximum of 10 people to be in our space at one time to adhere to social distancing requirements.
- All appointments will be booked on staggered times with an additional 30 minute break between each client (for a total of 30 minutes), this will allow the therapist to sanitize, and incoming and outgoing clients will not overlap.
- The safer at home measures recommends that you only go out for essential services if you are in any of these “higher risk” groups:
- You are 65 years or older
- You have chronic medical conditions
- You have a compromised immune system, or have immuno-compromising conditions such as pregnancy.
- With medium exposure level to COVID-19, we recommend that any high risk individuals consider refraining from practicing and receiving services until the risk level is minimized.
Upgrades to the space to increase safety
- Be Well Bodyworks has added Germ guardian UV-C Air Sanitizers in each room of office. UV-C light destroys the DNA of germs eliminating their ability to reproduce. Titanium Dioxide enhances killing efficiency and odor elimination. Our HVAC system circulates fresh air from the outside through a HEPA filter.
- The rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between each client with a disinfectant cleanser approved by the FDA to kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses.
- Each table is covered in a waterproof sheet and a bath sheet in replace of a blanket.