A nutrition counselor can help you change your relationship with food and identify dietary and lifestyle changes to improve your well being. You will be advised on how to improve your diet, lifestyle and attitude as a way to prevent disease and promote health. A holistic nutritional counselor will work with previously diagnosed illnesses and highlight any food imbalances that may contribute to poor health.
The session is 60 minutes with 30 minute follow up sessions.
How can nutritional counseling help me?
Your nutrition counselor will collaborate with you to identify your areas of concern and your health and well-being goals. Making dietary and lifestyle changes can have a positive effect on your quality of life, addressing issues including:
- Low energy
- Acne and other skin concerns
- Food sensitivities or food allergies
- Seasonal allergies
- Joint pain
- Digestive issues
- An athlete who wants to optimize their diet
- Given up on diets like Paleo, Atkins, Mediterranean, but you have not given up on your health.
- Seeking alternative options rather than continuing taking over the counter pills (e.g. allergy medication aspirin, tums, etc.)
Benefits of nutritional counseling
We can all fall into ruts when it comes to our food choices. A nutritional counselor can help you identify and change those unhealthy patterns, as well as help pinpoint food choices that could be negatively impacting your well-being.
Nutritional consultants use food and the nutrients in food to affect the body and promote a healthy, fulfilling lifestyle. A holistic nutritional consultant looks at the entire individual in order to address the factors that affect nutrient absorption such as stress levels, eating schedules, sleep patterns, make recommendations for change and teach their clients to adopt new healthful habits.
“Its not just what you eat but how much you eat, the time of day, the mood you are in, and the combination of foods that allow the nutrients to work and be absorbed by the body.”
Linda E specializes in:
- Seasonal cleanses
- Detoxification and elimination diets
- A complete nutrient analysis and recommendations specific to the individual )an athlete could benefit, for example)
- Seasonal allergies and food sensitivities
- Stress and fatigue
- Blood sugar regulation and weight management
- Inflammation such as IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), rheumatoid arthritis, esophageal reflux
60 to 90 Minute sessions is recommended for your first appointment based on your needs. 30 min follow-up sessions are recommended.